Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vacation Days 9 and 10: Simi Dog Days

We made it into Simi Valley on Sunday evening (Day 8) and stopped at the In N Out at the Stearns Street exit off the 118.  I looked down at my feet and noticed that my left leg was quite swollen from the knee on down to my feet.  I'd been limping along since I pulled that calf muscle last Wednesday on our canyoneering adventure.  Now it had swollen after a lot of walking the Vegas Strip and hours of driving.  It looked and felt like a stuffed sausage.

Day 9 (Monday) was kind of a do-nothing day to relax and recharge at my wife's sister's house.  The weather was typical southern California June gloom with a strong marine layer keeping things a little gray and cool.

Day 10 (Tuesday) we visited my wife's brother and my two nieces in Newbury Park.  We all then did a driving tour up to Point Mugu, stopping at Missile Park and the big sand dune off of Pacific Coast Highway.  The kids climbed up and ran down the dune a couple times.  We stopped for a late lunch at Hook, Line, & Sinker in Oxnard and ordered up a big family basket of fish & chips, complete with a pint of tartar sauce and a quart of cole slaw.  The fish was angel shark and it was most excellent.

When we got back to the Simi house, my wife's other brother and his family had arrived from North Carolina.  The day ended with a big lasagna dinner.


















No comments:

Post a Comment