Saturday, September 26, 2009

Re-Landscaping in Front of the Fence - Part I

I'm working on re-landscaping the front of the fence, a start on getting our entire yard back in shape. I picked up a few plants at the annual Northwest Horticultural Society fall sale. I started small at the western side by the gate. I dug out an old scraggly azalea and the stump of another. Leslie had bought a Japanese maple (Acer palmatum dissectum ‘Crimson Queen’) at Costco about three years ago. It sat for that time happily in its gallon nursery pot. From the plant sale, I also planted a Hosta ‘Krossa Regal’ towards the back and up front Japanese Forest Grass (Hakonechloa macra). The maple may eventually overwhelm this corner, we’ll see. In the meantime, I will flesh this corner out with one or two smaller Hostas, a fern or two. We’ll see. I have to work my way down the line yet along the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment